Sunday, November 15, 2009

35 Days: Mural Painting

world logo

Wow. This was by far the coolest thing I've gotten to do so far on my 40-day count down. Michael Owen who is a mural artist is in the last stages of a huge mural that stretches from Highlandtown to Greektown through and underpass. He is a friend of a friend and let me help him for a couple of hours today. I painted some background spots that needed some touch up a slightly different color. I climbed a ladder and used a pole and small roller to fill in a few spots. He is a very talented artist and beyond that a very cool guy. I had a great time getting to know him and learning more about his work, his family and his life. Every time I drive by this mural I’m sure to remember my tiny role in helping with this public act of beauty!

2 comments:

  1. yeah man! thanks for the help. hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll catch ya Wednesday night! I'm looking forward to owning an original!

    ReplyDelete