Monday, November 30, 2009

20 Days: Kabbalah

I can't remember who said this to me recently, but some friend mentioned I should study Kabbalah as one of my firsts before turning 40 because "they" say you shouldn't study it until you are 40. I did some research and found that is a common perspective. Meanwhile, I just read an interview today in Relevant Magazine with reggae/rapper and Hasidic Jew, Matisyahu whose recent album, Light, has a song called The 7 Beggars based on a "Kabbalistic" story of the same name. I just read the 8-page translated story online and found it intriguing at points, confusing at others and overall certainly very mystic if not mystifying. Perhaps I should've waited 20 more days.

I've got about 7 of the remaining 19 days planned--so if you've got an idea for one of the other 12--let me know ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment