Saturday, December 19, 2009

3 Days: Skydiving or Bingo

Skydiving was one of the big build-ups on my 40 days to 40. Sadly, rain prevented my opportunity to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. So, I needed something big to replace it. Something that would provide a huge rush. Something life-threatening and thrilling with all sorts of risk, excitement and girl-impressing. Something that very few people have done! And B-I-N-G-O was his name-O.
world logo
I credit Bryan for this sweet skydiving replacement. I never knew there was so much tension and excitement in this senior citizen game of chance! And so many varieties of games. We played kite, triple bingo with double reverse lucky number, stamp and 4 corners, and L-shapes. And the money you can win...amazing. Anywhere from $150 to $750 all for only $13 a session! One game I needed only 2 numbers to hit after applying my bonus numbers. I hit the first number and only needed one more for $500.

Clearly, there's no picture of me with a wad of money, so safe to say I didn't win that game (or any of the other dozen games I played). But I did meet Ruby. She's been playing for 40 years. She was our mentor--explaining how each game was played and giving us strategies to stamping our cards and making it easier to see what we needed to hit BINGO. She also would come over to our table and check our cards for any numbers we missed all the while filling in her 36 cards and winning one game for $250!

Who says skydiving is a bigger thrill than Bingo?

1 comment:

  1. haha. VERY nice. Glad you could find a replacement! I went to old peoples' bingo earlier this year... and also had a great time being "mentored" by the sweet ladies! Some of them do like 10+ cards... and take it very seriously. Best not to go with a group of fun-loving kids... or at least not if they are planning to laugh too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete