Thursday, December 3, 2009

17 Days: Azafran

world logo
In 7+ years of living in Baltimore, I've made a point of trying to go to as many different restaurants as possible. I love trying the locally owned and unique hole-in-the-wall places--and Charm City has a lot of them. It seems like I've tried everywhere and then someone will mention another spot that I hadn't discovered yet. My roommate Jenn mentioned a place called Azafran that catered a wedding she went to recently. This cafeteria-style shop is inside "The Hubble Building" on Johns Hopkins campus--right behind where US Lacrosse is headquartered. I've driven by this building hundreds of times and had no idea it was there. In fact, I even had a fellow documentarian friend, David Gaynes, stay with me while visiting this building for his upcoming documentary, Saving Hubble.

So, I swung by and picked up my favorite US Lacrosse employee, Erin, and we grabbed lunch. I had a turkey, cheese and pineapple panini--also a first for me. It was very good. Sharp cheddar punch with a sweet and tangy pineapple flare. Erin got a veggie panini that she claims was quite good as well. It's a very cool tucked away place that most folks who do not live in the Hopkins campus community know about. Oh--and the window view looking out over Wyman Park is a great bonus. Two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment