Sunday, December 6, 2009

15 Days: Ticket Sales

world logo
Every year, Young Life Capernaum in Baltimore hosts a great holiday music concert with the likes of Allen Levi and other cool acoustic musicians. And most years I make it out to the concert, enjoy the music and sort of kick off the holiday season in my mind. This year, I decided I should lend a hand to this great event and focus on serving rather than receiving my own entertainment. I had a great time with Greg and Nan selling tickets to folks and doing what I could to maximize their sales dollars so the good folks at YL Capernaum can continue to do the great work that they do with special needs kids. And a bonus--they played the video I recently produced for them at the concert. A friend of mine who saw the video for the first time said she cried while watching it. I think she meant that as a compliment.

On a side note--I drove home from the event and hit some black ice. After fishtailing, I spun out of control and went heading toward the side wall driver-side first. Somehow the car continued to spin so that I didn't hit my side and instead slammed against the wall destroying the back end of the car and then smacking into another car that had previously slid out of control onto the side of the highway. Two guys were working on that car--attempting to change their tire--when my Tahoe punched their car into them. One of them went over the sidewall and fell down the grass slope. He was able to get his way back up the slope and we helped him climb back over the sidewall onto the road. He may have bruised or broken his leg. Other than some bumps and bruises, we all walked away fairly unharmed.

I'm looking for a new or used car...if you know of anything, let me know!

world logo

No comments:

Post a Comment