Monday, November 16, 2009

34 Days: Ring Making

world logo

Rebecca taught me how to make a ring in 3 hours. After our first test ring in copper--we went straight for the silver and I'd say we were pretty darn successful. I'm wearing it now and it looks pretty good. I'm amazed at the talents of my friends and even more amazed at how easily they share those talents with a wannabe artist like myself. I loved the whole process...from measurement to cutting to filing to sanding to soldering to sanding some more to blackening to polishing. What a great experience and something I can carry with me into my old age!!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see, after trying so many different things during these 40 days, what your new hobbies are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my new hobby will be to try new things ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad choice. I had a roommate whose favorite thing to do was anything she hadn't done before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a GREAT roommate ; - )

    I finished Bliss. But still haven't found mine. Oh well. Thanks again for the suggestion. What should I read next? I'm actually on 2 books now--Don Miller's new one and David Dark's book about questioning everything. So far, Don's got the lead for the more entertaining one. Dark's is a bit wordy.

    ReplyDelete